William (Bill) Blackburn arrived in 1924 to log and later mix-farm and ranch 75 acres in west Salmon Arm where the Trans Canada Highway crosses the Salmon River. He and his wife Ethel had 4 boys and 2 girls… Pictured here (left to right) are Ed, Lindsay and Wilf who have spent most of their years here in logging and construction. Blackburn Park is named after their father.
~ In our 100th Year: Salmon Arm. BC Centennial